Wednesday, March 16, 2011

how do you contribute?


NAME: Jovani Villegas

AGE: 19

CURRENTLY RESIDING: I live in Allston

CURRENT PROJECTS: Currently playing guitar in a new band called Fragments that I started with my friends Joe and Anthony from The Town Line and Zack who drummed for Ghost I’m Gone.

PREVIOUS ENDEAVORS: I played bass in a pop punk band from Worcester, MA called Ghost I’m Gone

HOW DO YOU CONTRIBUTE? I like to book shows in my basements and at random venues all over, let bands crash at my place and help however I can, and book acoustic shows for solo acoustic acts that wanna come by.

SOMETHING YOU ARE PROUD OF: Well in November I had a show in my basement where Brave Little Abacus, Shire, Ghost I’m Gone, and Len Bias played and it was in support of rallying up donations to independently start a newspaper/zine sort of thing on our campus and freely spread student creative and academic writing called “The Intoxicated Inquirer”.

WHAT HAS INSPIRED YOU TO CONTRIBUTE? I’ve always wanted to be involved and active in helping out music that I love by friends that I love and just helping goood bands and people making good music, so the fact that I was never able to before because I lived at home or in a dorm, now that I’m able to I have been much more inspired to contribute to promoting good music.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY LISTENING TO? I’ve been kind of switching between a two things but mainly it has been Latterman, Cheap Girls, Get Bent, and Paul Baribeau, that and a shit ton of Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass.

No comments:

Post a Comment